[DeTomaso] Headlight Buckets

shawkins777 at comcast.net shawkins777 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 21 18:28:55 EDT 2012

Yes, don't look at it.

Steve

----- Original Message -----

From: "Rob Dumoulin" <rob at dumoulins.net>
To: "pantera list" <detomaso at realbig.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2012 7:53:15 AM
Subject: [DeTomaso] Headlight Buckets

Dear Collective,

I'm about to install a quad headlight kit (Kirk's) and have questions about
my buckets. When I replaced my headlight motor, I removed my driver-side
bucket for easier access and noticed HUGE slop in the adjustment. I mean
these holes were butchered by the previous owner and he even installed
bolts with nuts rather than just tap out the receiving end on the bucket
mount plate. Not realizing that was not correct, I just put it together the
same way and had a difficult time adjusting the bucket to close right. This
time, I tapped out the holes and drilled pilot holes to help with the
alignment.

My question is, even centered, the buckets do not fit cleanly in my fender
when lights are closed. There is still a noticeable gap on both sides. Any
tricks to make it less noticeable?

Rob