[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 96, Issue 20-Engine leaks

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Fri Jul 20 15:26:44 EDT 2012

My firebird had what we thought was the rear main
leaking on the new engine.. I pulled the trans and
flywheel so we could take a better look.. it was leaking
out of a plug on the back of the block.. we resealed
and one of my engine builders trouble shooters put
about 5 lbs of air to the engine thru a breather.. then
we could hear a leak out of the block off plate for the fuel
pump.. straightened the cheap piece and reinstalled
and found a couple of small leaks at the valley pan

It was a great way to chase the leaks.. put a little
right stuff sealant.. no rear main leaking... will double
check again on Monday before I reinstall the trans

Caution- no more than 5 psi and let it out or you will
blow your gaskets out.. just short shots of air and listen
Had to shut my stereo off to work on the car..
that isn't right:)

Bob Benson