[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 96, Issue 20-Survey-MIsc

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Fri Jul 20 11:19:43 EDT 2012

Answers for Survey
1. not sure when I first saw a Pantera....was a Cobra guy when I was young
2. 46
3. F40 or S7
4. Optima Challenge-need a sponser or to be invited

Not sure if I agree with Jack with the comment that bigger wheel sizes
do not handle better.. ride comfort going down yes.. but handling???
Back in the day I was autocrossing and fighting for points with a Mustang
guy (actually Pres of NorCal Shelby) .. we ran very close.. he would win
one event and I the next.. I was running 16" wheels with Hoosiers and
decided
to switch to 17" same type of tire.. My mustang buddy was not very happy
as he never beat me again.. less flex in the corner on the 17" tire vs 16"

Speaking of tires I run dot road race or autocross tires on my cars
even on the street... do they wear out.. not exactly.. I ran a set of
Hoosiers
to Vegas and back one year and we were close to triple digets most of the
way (+3hrs)
Mad Dawg (remember him) and Eric thought I would have no tires by
the time I got there.. guess what not the same thing as pushing it sizeways
on the race track.. that is where things really get worn out.. my two cents
tested about 10 years back... and weekly as I drive my cars

Soft tire hitting the car and eating the paint... I had my lower rockers
and back section painted with the tough stuff the SUV's use on their
rockers.. has held up very well.. I have more problems with Pizza cars
and Escahoff throwing rocks at me on the race track.. that is tough
on the paint:):)

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera