[DeTomaso] Good news from the Swedish crash

thomas thomas at hax.se
Thu Jul 19 18:20:12 EDT 2012

Something similar happened to
me while I did my military service. I was driving an old Volvo terrain truck when suddenly the throttle pedal stuck to the floor.

Luckily it didn't make much difference in speed, and I could use the engine kill control on the dashboard to adjust the speed, and finally kill the engine. Turned out the linkage was misadjusted and it could flip over and lock at full throttle on bumpy roads, when the engine was bouncing around.

No drama involved.

Thomas