[DeTomaso] Survey: Who on this list have never posted?

The Hougans hougan at verizon.net
Tue Jul 17 22:50:37 EDT 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm Mike and I've wanted a Pantera since I first saw one in 1975. Well,
mid-last month, the family and I were window shopping cars since my youngest
son is a motor head like his old man... anyway, one of the places had a
Pantera and I proceeded to blather about, and drool all over it. I didn't
think anymore about it.

Two days later was my birthday.  Wanna guess what my wife, bless her heart,
bought me???  Lucky I didn't drop of a heart attack or I would have died
without ever haven driven it!!

I've already sorted out the dome and door lights, re-done the headliner
(turned out great and I thought I'd botch it for sure!), and replaced the
accelerator pump. Now, to dive into getting the A/C cooling again...

The car is a '73 L with a little under 50K miles; I'm the third owner of
this always in SoCal car.  So, no rust!  I really like it because it's close
to stock and doesn't look like anyone has made any obvious mods.  It's a
numbers matching car, with what looks to be, with the exception of the
steering wheel, a stock interior in good condition.

The server doesn't seem to allow photo attachements, but I took some photos
that are on the Provamo DeTomaso registry website.  Car number 5326 (April
1973).

Finally, I'm trying to locate the stock air intake duct (rectangluar cross
section rubberized cloth duct from the air cleaner snorkel down to the
cold-air intake scoop near the right rear wheel).  Oddly enough, O'Reilly
was fresh out of stock ;)
Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking forward to joining a local POCA club!

Thanks and take care,