[DeTomaso] fluidyne radiator

Justin Greisberg justingreisberg at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 17 19:22:32 EDT 2012

when I got my fluidyne radiator new about 5 years ago, I got the Jeep temp sensors from the local auto parts store.  they threaded right in and seal fine - no leaks.  I do not recall the thread (metric or english) though.  However, those sensors dont activate soon enough for my liking, so I dont use them.  I never tried to reuse the original sensors - they looked like they were about to fall off.  A simple temp sensor of the right variety (on at a certain temp, like 180) can be found on the internet and inserted into the water pump(probably not the best spot) or the upper metal water pipe on top of the thermostat (my 74 car had a temp controlled vacuum switch there), or in the small hole on the side of the pressure tank where my car had a bleed line attached to the radiator.  just some thoughts.  justin