[DeTomaso] Bad ignition switch?

bill gaino gaino at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 16 16:29:12 EDT 2012

Paul, I would not start throwing parts at it. let's diagnose the problem and just fix that for now. Check fuses,check battery. Make sure you have power to the ignition. MSD? or factory points? If some items come on and off with the switch, that could be an indication that it works. With the switch in start position, the solenoid should be energized, or at least the small post hot. Bill 1362