[DeTomaso] FW: [PT] grand scale train shipping

Bill Lewis lotus0005 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 15 12:33:12 EDT 2012

Interesting info for all.   ---Bill

Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 09:26:01 -0500
Subject: [PT] grand scale train shipping

      Hi,

 I am in the trucking industry and while I do food service and not

regular freight I have used my knowledge to get items shipped to me.

First contact your local small trucking companies and see if any of them

go near the location of the items. Know the weight and size of the

items, do they need to be covered ? I've had rail hauled back to

Minnesota from Montana for the price of his fuel by a  boat hauler

coming home empty, and a item on one pallet picked up in California at a

cut rate by a local company. If the items can be palletized for loading

it increases the types of truck that can carry them, that is not just a

flat bed but also a dry box or reefer. Hot shots and hot shot auto

hauler's are also an option. If you go thru a broker expect to pay$$$$$$.

Mike Nix

	  Reply to sender |

	  Reply to group |
            	Start a New Topic