[DeTomaso] Fluidyne Pantera Radiators, and interesting update

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Jul 13 23:48:42 EDT 2012

In a message dated 7/13/12 8:40:01 PM, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> Meanwhile.... I'm once again looking for a new radiator.  I may just
> take my brass one down to see how much to make it like new.  Though I
> -know- it needs all new fittings (present ones are rusted shut or have
> been removed and soldered over with a plate).  Of course, if they think
> it came from a Ferrari, they may charge me even more.
>

>>>Why not just buy a heavy-duty brass replacement from Hall Pantera?
They've been making them in the USA for 30+ years, and they work great--easily
as well as anything made by Fluidyne.   The price isn't very far out of
line, and I believe they come with the senders.   You might even be able to
reuse your Fluidyne sensors and save a few bucks on the radiator.

http://hallpantera.com/cgi-bin/p/awtp-product.cgi?d=hallpantera-inc&
item=20270

And it will come packaged properly.

And if it ever leaks, you can get it repaired cheaply.

With all the problems inherent in Fluidyne radiators it seems, this Hall
radiator seems like a no-brainer to me.   Of course, you might be able to get
your stock radiator recored with a heavier core, so that might be a viable
option too.   But by the time you add in all the extra work to braze on
fittings for modern temp switches etc. you're probably better off just buying a
new one.