[DeTomaso] Comparison: 1971 DeTomasso Pantera vs. 2008 BMW 135i

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 12:48:49 EDT 2012

Informal road test comparing a '71 Pantera to an '08 BMW 135i - predictable results, but then again, it's comparing apples and oranges.

Interesting read none the less.  The author likes how well the car scoots when stepping on the gas!
http://www.bmwblog.com/2010/11/21/comparison-1971-detomasso-pantera-vs-2008-bmw-135i/

IMO, they're altogether different animals, but both fun to drive!  When I bought my first BMW it was obviously why it's an enthusiast vehicle - for many of the same reasons the Pantera is an enthusiast vehicle (except for sexy Italian styling).

Cheers!
Garth
72 DeTomaso Pantera (#4033)
96 BMW 328i 6-sp (sold)