[DeTomaso] Suggestions on how to repair cracks in the fiberglass ina door panel

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Jul 10 15:14:11 EDT 2012

Two suggestions: when I get cracks in a non-structural fiberglas part, I
used 5-minute style Superglue or even green Lock-Tite: they both wick into
cracks before setting up. If its a structural part, I grind out the crack and
overlay a new piece of 'glas and resin.
Next, I suggest eliminating the three little screws that hold the
horizontal 'door-fuzzies' to the door. The tiny sheet metal screws loosen & back out
enough to touch the door glass. Then vibration puts a neat row of little
chips or scrapes in your increasingly expensive door glass.
FWIW- J DeRyke