[DeTomaso] Good news from the Swedish crash

Brent Stewart bjbstewart at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 9 12:35:25 EDT 2012

If you get a chance to auto-cross your Pantera (or any other suitable vehicle), it really helps with understanding the "both feet in" thing. they are usually small courses that don't take a lot of speed - in fact, I never get past 2nd gear.  If you are pushing it a bit, not only do you get to see what your car can really do at the edge of the envelope, you will undoubtedly spin.  This is where you can put the "both feet in" into practice.  Even better than visualization is getting to experience it.  I definitely feel it has improved my driving skills...

Here is a good example of a course design:
http://lprpca.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/AX.4.2012.pdf

brent