[DeTomaso] Good news from the Swedish crash

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Jul 9 05:59:38 EDT 2012

In a message dated 7/4/12 18 19 54, lotus0005 at hotmail.com writes:

> The point was that it takes experience and training to act on
> self-autopilot many times.  So, my question also, is what should a person do when the
> gas feed sticks open.  Maybe I will try to episodic-act what to do.
>

>>>In open-track instruction, they teach that when things have gone to
hell, the instictive reaction should always be BOTH FEET IN!   Whether it's a
spin, or heading towards a wall, or stuck throttle, or whatever--when things
have gone badly, jam both the clutch and brake pedals to the floor.

Of course, that's easy to say in a classroom environment, but when it
actually happens to you, whether you can remember it or not remains to be seen...