[DeTomaso] courtesy light questions... Part # and LED, replacement ?

J. Sean Keane jskeane6 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 23:08:01 EDT 2012

Thomas Tornblom wrote:

> Chris DiFani gave me one when I visited him, and it is excellent! At
> least as bright as the original bulb, and with a nice white color, not
> blueish.
>
>It is a 3910-WW6
>
>http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2Ffestoon_3910-x6.htm#photos
>
>Thomas

Thomas,

Thanks for including the part number. I've just ordered two of these.

I absolutely love the LED bulbs I ordered from Super Bright LEDs for my instrument lights (in the binnacle, not the console gauges). You have to watch the one for the alternator light, though. The lower resistance of the bulb will make the indicator stay on all of the time, even when your alternator is working fine. I stayed with the incandescent bulb for that one, but switched all of the others to WLED-NW6. These bulbs have an extra diode in them so that it doesn't matter which way you put them in (some of the cheaper ones only work in one orientation, and the T10 wedge base bulb type isn't keyed). I highly recommend the upgrade. They are a bit of a pain to get in, but now I know I'll never have to replace them again.

Best Regards,

Sean Keane