[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 96, Issue 5

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Thu Jul 5 11:58:51 EDT 2012

I just had the throttle stick on my Pantera a few weeks back
...was sitting in traffic on the freeway and hit the offramp with a blip of
the throttle
and it stuck... a combination of brake and clutch action as I pulled
the pedal back.. floor mats that were put in the car for the AZ show
stuck the throttle.. I did not have them in there for a long time and
time to get rid of them

I also had a dirt bike with a stuck throttle... brand new 520 ktm
first day riding it after taking it easy all day finally time to hit the
hammer and
went up the drag hill several times and the last time blipped the throttle
on the access road back but it stuck open.. dual throttle cable came out
of its socket... bike shot like a cannon.. left me but broke the viser on my
helmet... went 40 yards flipping and then bounced to the trail below
slightly bent with broken rear shock... thankfully no one was in front of
me or it would have been real bad..... been riding for over 45 years
and never been dumped like that.. and I rode a Honda Cr 500 widow maker
for over 4 years...best bike ever

Bob Benson