[DeTomaso] Fuel Pump

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 16:20:02 EDT 2012

It's time to replace my standard 351C mechanical fuel pump.

It was installed by some previous owner some 20+ years ago.

In looking at the -IN- fitting (fuel tank supply side) I see that the

treated the threads of the hose barb to some sealer which is not a good
thing.

(See:   http://www.provamo.com/Members/TechInfo/FuelPump.asp  )

In another photo, the inside of the fuel-in pipe indicates a compression
seal.  I don't think that I should just

crank the old hose barb into the pump fitting like the previous owner did,
as it looks like the hose barb

does not have the appropriate mating surface.

What's the deal here?  Do I need a different hose barb fitting or ?

Chuck

PS Happy Independence Day!  (My car's ownership "birthday").