[DeTomaso] Wire Stripper Recommendations?

Larry - Ohio Time Corp larry at ohiotimecorp.com
Mon Jan 30 10:41:07 EST 2012

Strippers...now we are in my world.

I am not a big fan of the Klein type of strippers unless you are doing one
type of wire all the time. If you have wire with different types of
insulation on them it may not do the best job.

Now the "Pantera" of strippers are the thermal models. You will do no harm
on the wire at all. You can strip a very small amount or a longer amount if
needed. Try stripping wire for hours at a time and see what works
best!(girls work hard)

http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/hakko_ft-800_thermal_wire_stripper.htm

The thermal units are not always practical in all locations. I do like the
Klein 11055 style strippers. They are long giving you the leverage and less
strain on your hands. You get a feel with them as to when you have
penetrated the jacket.

http://www.amazon.com/Klein-11055-Klein-Kurve-Stripper-Cutter/dp/B00080DPNQ

Larry (who would have thunk) - Cleveland