[DeTomaso] Lazy mans 351 question

Jerry R Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Sun Jan 29 17:10:27 EST 2012

I had a fellow super tune my 351C in my 67 Cobra.   It had a lope that I
couldn't get out of the engine.  He found a flat cam lobe in Cyl 5 intake.

If I am going through it I may want to stroke it since I probably have
ground cam lobe shavings in the engine.

I have a stock of off the wall parts.  I have a balanced 4" throw crank and
some matched 6.000"  "H" and "I" beam rods(8 of each respectively).  If I am
going to run a flat top piston .030 from the top of the deck where should
the wrist pin be located in the piston and who might be a supplier.

Question for those in the know and with the real spec numbers,
jerry knotts