[DeTomaso] Thoughts on water based paints versus oil based paints for exterior Pantera paint jobs.

Denny Morse denman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 08:03:55 EST 2012

Hello,

Today I looked at a 1973 Pantera which has just been restored (500 miles).
It was recently restored and performed very well. However, the exterior
paint is water based (black if it matters). My impression was that water
based paint jobs were inferior to oil based paints. I would appreciate the
collective wisdom of the club on this matter in terms of the quality and
longevity of each type of paint.

Cheers,

Denny
----