[DeTomaso] Tedder's Car ?

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 19:08:47 EST 2012

I don't believe they're the same car. There are a number of similarities, but there are also a number of differences - the key
differences look to be the body mods and the lack of the Bill Strope vent knob to the right of the stereo on the magazine

car (although the magazine picture is pretty poor).  Actually, now that I look at all the similarities, I'm not sure...

Differences:
1. Fender flares on the magazine car, not on the Swedish car
2. Molded-on chin spoiler on the magazine car, not on the Swedish car
3. The magazine car has current generation (new) PI Big Throat mufflers, which means it's a recent article. How long has the Swedish car been in Sweden, or under current ownership?
4. Polished ZF versus non-polished ZF
5. Missing side marker lights on the Swedish Pantera

Similarities:
1. Chromed license plate light
2. Chromed wiper gills
3. Chromed rear quarter gills
4. Gauges in passenger dash
5. Same center console arm-rest
6. Same custom interior color

7. Orange decklid shocks

8. Same chassis cross-member, but one is painted
9. Decklid cut-out to clear carb
10. Side-view mirror mounting locations