[DeTomaso] Things to do while the engine is out?

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 16:52:19 EST 2012

> Thanks Dan, but I almost wish you had left out #17 and especially the
> pictures.  Now the state of the shame inside my Pantera will haunt me
> forever until I do the same due diligence that you so carefully
> documented.  This is why I drink.

More expensive things to haunt your dreams:

 http://www.bacomatic.org/gallery2/v/hidden/dan/dan-cars/album03/ZF/

Internals of the red Pantera ZF.  Other than a bit of notchiness when
going into reverse, this transaxle shifted just fine before being put into
storage.  The only reason the box was opened up was to install a taller
5th gear.  Near as we can tell, most of the damage was done along
time ago.  Not sure about the surface corrosion but I don't think I'll
use Mobil 1 gear lube next time around.  It was cheaper to replace the
box than repair it.  I'll upload pictures of the polished case box later.
At least, the white Pantera box looks much nicer inside.

Dan Jones