[DeTomaso] Wheels

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Thu Jan 26 08:13:39 EST 2012

DEar Corey,

I am no expert. Hopefully Jack DeRyke will add some details. IIRC there are two problems with old Campys.
The first is cracking. Cracking is tested with a substance or process called Zyglow. It is usually done at an aviation type shop. It is like magnafluxing, but done with zyglow on the magnesium. The other problem, I think, is the development of porosity over time. IIRC, Jack has mentioned this and I think it is manifested by inability of the wheel-tire to hold air. That's the best as I can tell you.

Warmest regards, Chuck Engles