[DeTomaso] Pantera circuit to fuse missmatch?

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 18:11:31 EST 2012

Dave,

    The after market harness do not specifically match our needs and are expensive ($400 to $500).  Most of the wire in my 73 looks like new, and I think some creative circuit design can leverage what is there and make improvements.  If we have a good re-design for a fuse panel and how to connect it to existing wiring, I think it's something to consider doing as part of a major restoration.

    For example, I plan to mount the fuse/relay panel in the front trunk, and will add a short (2 foot?) cable to the original fuse block location, to connect to the wire running to the back of the car.  The wire to the nose will be shorter and I can just bring them into the front trunk.  I'm going to a volt meter, so some of the big wires goes away.  I also think I can live with a good 1 wire alternator and that gets rid of a lot of wire.  I plan to re-connect wires a circuit at a time starting with the headlights and headlight motor, and work my way back.  I think it will all work out, just be time consuming.

   I guess we wouldn't do this stuff if we didn't enjoy it, it's not a money maker, LOL.

Ken