[DeTomaso] Things to do while the engine is out?

David in Durango adin at frontier.net
Wed Jan 25 00:08:11 EST 2012

Will, if I don't do it, who will???

Mike,
Thanks for the note.  About the first thing I learned is no two Panteras are exactly alike . . . . .

Hopefully, my list will be a good one and nothing will be overlooked - thanks for the pointers.

Two important things I have already learned?  Don't take anyone's word for anything; and just because it looks good doesn't mean it IS good!

Lloyd has the ZF already (mainly for the 3.2 ring & pinion I have long wanted) , we both experienced a time fart (thought there was another week of work before Daytona) so my info is incomplete.  Lloyd did say all the bearings were good and the ring gear was tight.  The last question will be the second gear synchro (most wear and thus the most suspect) but that hasn't been inspected yet.

Thanks to all that have sent private little notes, too.

Complete report for all as I get closer . . . .

David