[DeTomaso] Testimonial for MSD ready-to-run distributor?

Cullen McCann cmccann1972 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 16:08:21 EST 2012

Not to sidetrack the response you are looking for Mike, but I just bought an
MSD distributor for a 351W in my Cobra....and considered the ready-to-run
version, again for "simplicity", but after spending some time with MSD's
tech line, I finally figured out that its not the same performance as the
stand alone distributor with the separate hi-fire ignition box...just fyi.
The voltage output of the ready to run distributor is not meant to be a
replacement for the system with the separate box. I understand the
motivation for simplicity and clearance issues, but just to be clear, they
are not of equal performance. One is just a slightly above stock replacement
in output voltage. Hard to read that in the summitt description. You may
already be aware, but I thought I would clarify that.

Cullen