[DeTomaso] Testimonial for MSD ready-to-run distributor?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Jan 23 15:36:54 EST 2012

Hi guys,

While it's common to use a traditional MSD ignition system, consisting of
the 8477 distributor and separate MSD ignition box, MSD also makes a
stand-alone ready-to-run distributor which does away with all that complexity:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MSD-8350/

I know at least a handful of people here are running it.

Anthony Hale, the fellow in the UK who bought that blue '73 Euro L-model
that was for sale in California until just a few months ago, wants to upgrade
his entirely bone-stock engine, and was thinking of an MSD ignition upgrade.
  I tentatively suggested that the 8350 might be the best plug-and-play
answer from the MSD line, BUT I don't know how well it fits in a Pantera.   Is
it too tall to fit under the stock engine screen, or is it the same size as
the normal MSD units?

Those who know, let me know!

Thanks!