[DeTomaso] GTS Fender Flairs?? Differences

richard bosch theemonkey at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 23 11:44:03 EST 2012

When i purchased my car #5919 around a dozen years ago the previous owner had added Hall fiberglass flares in the early 80's.He did cut and remove metal from the fenders front and rear at that time.
When i bought the car it came with Hall steel flares in a box.Maybe that is a telling sign in that he was willing to go thru the extra effort to change to steel.I sold the steel flares and went with Hall GT5 flares in fiberglass without the running boards.I used Volvo fender rivits as they are larger than a pop rivit and have a different shape kind of like a volcano.They are also black in color.
Link of a picture on POCAS album section  http://poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=14744
If i ever re-flare the car it will be with GT4 flares in fiberglass as they have more room do to there shape. GT5 has a squared off opening versus GT4 has a rounder opening.