[DeTomaso] GTS fender flares

Justin Greisberg justingreisberg at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 22 20:48:24 EST 2012

I have an authentic US 74 GTS with rivet factory flares.  the stock fender lip is rolled underneath a bit, but it is all there, and there is not much extra room compared to a stock car, I think.
My father went through the pain of adding riveted GTS flares to his non-GTS US car about 10 or 15 years ago.  He did nothing to the stock metal.  He first got a set of fiberglass flares from one vendor (Hall, I think, but I could be wrong).  They did not even remotely fit, and he sent them back.  Then he found another vendor that sold GTS riveted flares that were supposed to be identical to original.  they seemed to be, and they seemed to fit pretty well.  I dont remember which vendor had these, and I bet he does not remember either.  We both ended up doing a lot of business with Dennis in Colorado because of frustrations with part fitment from some other vendors (will withold names to protect the not-so-innocent).  I personally love the look of the riveted flares, but I doubt you gain much tire room.  In the front, I have found a lot of clearance issues to be on the inside I think. Maybe I am wrong though.  For a street car it probably just isnt that important to get super wide tires (other than cosmetics).
justin