[DeTomaso] GTS Fender Flairs?? Differences

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 22 19:38:02 EST 2012

If I remember correctly the GTS flares rivet directly over a stock fender without removing/cutting the fender, although I'm sure you could remove a portion or panel beat the existing fender if clearance is an issue.

In contrast the wider GP4/GT5 flares remove a large piece of the existing fender. There is a great deal of difference in vendor offerings here, although it is widely acknowledged that the steel variants are just a starting point and usually require significant work to fit. The fiberglass don't vary as much, mine came from Dennis Quella and are of great quality and weight, their fit to existing body contour was great.

Julian