[DeTomaso] Tire pressure

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 14:47:04 EST 2012

Depends upon the tire rating, and your personal preference, and some other factors.

If the max on my tires is 36 psi, (I'm not sure) What I did was try various pressures,
driving the car, and using "seat-of-the-pants" feel picked what works for my car and
my "seat".  On super-slabs I run higher by a couple of pounds, like 34, but my typical
driving I prefer a little softer, maybe 32-33.  Front and back differs too, I tend to run
a couple of pounds higher in the back.  This is dependent upon one's suspension settings
(shocks, springs, etc...).

I'd suggest you start with the side-wall listed max, and then test drive, changing by a
pound or two, test driving as you go.  Probably no need to go below 30 with the typical
(16", 17"+ wheel diameters) modern tires.

Race slicks some times run quite low...

So what is your driving style, suspension like, what tires + wheel widths, sidewall
rating, etc...

Chuck