[DeTomaso] TIG Cooler

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Jan 19 15:24:28 EST 2012

Pretty elaborate setup, Bill. I have two TIG-torches and the water cooled
one simply runs on tap water thru a flow regulator, dumping onto my trees
outside. The air cooled torch works fine for limited runs but gets too hot to
hold for some bigger jobs, as you say. The water cooled torch is smaller and
lighter and works better for getting into restricted spaces. I've burned up
two water cooled torches by dripping molten metal onto the plastic water
line, causing the torch water supply to drop and overheat the power line. FWIW-
J Deryke