[DeTomaso] Sorta NPC, goodbye internal combustion engines

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 18:46:44 EST 2012

Larry,

    This has gotten past a contest to see who can score points.

    I'd really like to hear your honest opinion of Obama's energy policy.  The only policy I can see is making fossil fuels very expensive or unavailable, and subsidizing solar and wind energy, to the extent that fossil fuels will no longer be viable for the common man in the United States.  I see a total disregard for the consequences, specifically the harm to the average American.  I have seen estimates that solar and wind energy can only provide a small percent (25%?) of the energy we use now.  What kind of America do you envision when most of use can't drive cars and can't keep the lights on?  Some people seem to actually think that electricity comes out of the air and that electric cars mean an end to fossil fuel, but I assume we all realize that nearly all electricity in the US is generated from fossil fuel.

     I am willing to listen to what you think, and if you believe that global warming is a valid reason to turn the US into a 3rd world economy I will respect your view, but I would just like a realistic and honest statement.

Ken