[DeTomaso] Sorta NPC, goodbye internal combustion engines

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 18 18:42:01 EST 2012

Yeah, but it's not just the internal combustion engine..... I like to refer people to an old commercial by Occidental Peroleum entitled "Hydrocarbon Man" which highlights our dependence on hydrocarbon derived products. One can argue either way; I agree we need alternatives, but they need to be viable on both cost & environmental fronts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D0kWskiRdQ

So who is prepared to "do the right thing" and sell their Pantera to buy a Prius? I have potential buyers lined up that I have been helping look for good Pantera's :>), I might even buy another myself. My theory is the more cars in my garage the more I'm doing for the economy and the environment. For the economy I pay registration on all the cars, however I can only drive one at a time so I'm actively reducing the carbon footprint in comparison to if those cars were owned by 9 individuals al driving at the same time :>)

Julian ("Earth first......we'll mine other planets later")