[DeTomaso] Cool UK supercar video

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 19:13:18 EST 2012

TVR's were imported into the USA ( at least. Until the end of the 70's)
there were quite a few TVRs around in the  60's and 70's.
They were relatively fast (compared to the tr6's and other British sports
cars of the era. ) The early cars I remember were Griffiths that had 289's
and they were rockets! They were fiberglas and weighed next to nothing.  In
the 70's they had Vixens that had a series of different 6 cylinder engines
(if I remember correctly they were Triumph with the largest at 2.5 liters.
The later TVR's in England had Rover V-8's.
Boyd