[DeTomaso] Fwd: Re: Meziere water pumps

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Mon Jan 16 17:48:50 EST 2012

The Meziere pumps work fine down to about 100Hz
   but they are noisy down there just as you'd expect.
They're happy and quiet with 2 kHz (my choice) and dissipation
  starts to climb somewhere around 5 KHz so it should be well below that.
I limited the low-end duty cycle to 20% which gives me about 10% flow
and a warm-up that's gentle on all of the involved parts.
Meziere ran this setup on their test-tank and liked it a lot.
(apologies for the name-dropping Don)

My Pantera fans are also happy and quiet at 2 kHz,
   but they're a modern, rare-earth magnet design and there might well
be some variety in best frequency for older types.

dave