[DeTomaso] Meziere water pumps

peter-kovacs at sbcglobal.net peter-kovacs at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 16 14:00:51 EST 2012

I have the electric fan and electric water pump set up on my V-8 Vega and love it because it give you much more control when warming up and cooling off the car. It's great being able to run the pump and fan even when the car is not running. Its the old Moroso style where the motor is separate and belt driven. The electric motor overheated and failed once on the way to a film shoot at Castle and made for a bad experience in a good day. I'm a fan of the concept and with the progress in reliability and efficiency believe it to be a practical option these days. Still would be nervous about trying to run an electric water pump for 12 hours on a drive to Phoenix.