[DeTomaso] Meziere water pumps

JEFFREY COBB zumzum at cox.net
Sun Jan 15 22:57:55 EST 2012

Ken,
  Faster flow is not always better. Boundary and laminar flows set up when speed of coolant is too high. Coolant needs to transmit high temp to the lower temp radiator. The faster the coolant goes will be the slower that it can transmit temp to cool your hot block. Yes, some engines run hotter than others. Flow is important but restrictions and poor radiator performance are paramount. Would be rare that any type of fuel injection "not going to happen" would make any difference on cooling the engine. The timing will make a difference on cooling. An ideal coolant system is one that has consistent flow and an efficient radiator so hot pockets do not create and play their games of havoc on your mind and the engine.
  I removed the two 1 1/2" coolant pipes that run from the rear engine to the radiator in my Bora and replaced them with two 2." copper pipes which aided in cooling better than switching around fans. Now the copper pipes are also a cooling tube.
We just replaced the clutch in a 89 Porsche 911 with a Nascar engine 350/434hp? engine running up to redline of 7,800.
The electric water pumps work great. Never run hot, tires would melt before running hot.
Jeff Cobb
Cell 225-907-4514

Jeff Cobb Auto Works
1316 South Acadian Thruway