[DeTomaso] Trabant 601 Interceptor

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Thu Jan 12 10:54:00 EST 2012

Dear Konrad,

As a recent convert, I am very impressed by your experience and expertise with these annoying rare performance Q-ships of the automotive world. I am distressed to learn that practical use of the flame thrower is not advised. Darn. It had so much potential and bricks are so, well, primitive.

How did you come to appreciate such an under-the-radar performance vehicle?

Tongue firmly in cheek, Chuck Engles

---- Konrad Szwab <kszwab at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried to import a Trabant to Texas from Romania. It fell apart before I could start the wonderful activity but I am always hoping that I will have some money to waste at some point to get one from the US so I can annoy my neighbors in style.

The proud "Interceptor" badge would have been very popular with cops stuck behind it at a stoplight in Houston.

The flame thrower option would be ill advised given the Duraplast car body, I believe throwing bricks out of the window would be a lot safer for this class of vehicle.