[DeTomaso] Rare Colors

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jan 12 00:12:42 EST 2012

In a message dated 1/11/12 20 01 56, detomasoregistry at gmail.com writes:

> Talking about common and rare colors...
>
> Does anyone have a USA GTS in the original (even a repaint) Yellow/Gold?
> (It looks like orange with the  black, but the factory/Ford papers call it
> "Yellow/Gold"
> and it is only on the USA GTS.)
>
> There is a guy that was selling Pantera side script decals on eBay...
> He uses his USA GTS as the photo.  This may or may not be the original
> paint and hue.
> But I don't think his car is in the registry.

Tim Hobley in Denmark has a US GTS that was repainted in traditional
Pantera yellow.   But he pulled the doorpanels and underneath it's the beautiful
yellow-gold.

There was one that used to come to the POCA Fun Rally, years ago.   I
believe that one year it was involved in a head-on collision while at the Fun
Rally; thankfully it wasn't destroyed.   The owner was a So-Cal guy.   I don't
remember who it was, or where it went. (The collision may have been a silver
GTS, but I think it was the Yellow-gold one).

I just now remembered that I shot a single photo of the car when attending
my first POCA Fun Rally in 1990.   After a 30-minute search through dozens
of photo albums, I came up with that actual photo.   It's a bit faded after
21 years, but you still can get the idea of what it looked like:

Note that it's wearing (presumably non-original) Euro GTS side markings.