[DeTomaso] Color and resale value?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jan 11 23:08:25 EST 2012

In a message dated 1/11/12 18 30 9, coreyjprice at gmail.com writes:

> I saw the green car for sale, and I don't object to the color.  It looks
> period-correct to me.
>
> What would be the best color for resale?  I've recently changed my mind
> and am considering jet black with polished trim.  Red is still at the top of
> my list, but black has now bumped it and is tied for first pick in my
> mind.  I have no intention of selling the car, but you never know what life has
> in store for you.

While I'm partial to   yellow, some sort of non-original red seems to be
the favorite color of the masses.   Black was never a factory color, and I'm
not a fan of black cars generally, but some people really like them.   A
black car with blacked-out trim normally doesn't work though.

Silver Panteras are pretty rare, and very striking.

At the end of the day, don't worry about resale value, and paint it any
color that YOU like.

Well, except for army tank green. :>)