[DeTomaso] High Mileage

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 23:17:13 EST 2012

I've changed the subject better reflect the comments...

The registry has a field for owners to indicate a car's current mileage/kilometerage (my
word).
Sadly many people leave it blank, while others may be under-reporting it for some
reason... like "resetting" it after a restoration.  I guess some might even over-report it
too.

The highest "mileage" is a 1971 Pantera, with 307,000 miles (reported several years ago),
and there are numerous cars in the 200K+ range, while the highest "Kilo-age" is 430,000
kms.

The registry has even proved a car was falsely advertised, with before and after
photographs that the mileage was "rolled back".

Interesting subject.

Chuck Melton

I very much doubt any Ferrari or Lambo ever made has come anywhere near that-- maybe half
at the most.
Kudos to the Pantera!

Jim