[DeTomaso] Techno question: cold air induction "turkey pan" style for the...

JPEP33 at aol.com JPEP33 at aol.com
Mon Jan 9 13:11:29 EST 2012

Totally agreed. Best to spend your performance bucks elsewhere.

JP

In a message dated 1/9/2012 12:05:16 P.M. Central Standard Time,
MikeLDrew at aol.com writes:

In a  message dated 1/9/12 9 20 50, cengles at cox.net writes:

> Does the  relatively simple "turkey pan" style cold air induction
> modification  actually work? Methinks that it doesn't work all that well
or else we
>  would see it more often and on the vintage racing Panteras (Pat Hals).
> Comments?

I think it would only work if fresh air was  being introduced from
elsewhere.   The Cobra pan works because  the carb is sealed against the
underside of
the hood, and 100% of the  engine's air intake is coming through that hood
scoop, from  outside.   On a Pantera, a cold air box with side scoops
achieves
the same thing.   But putting a setup such as you describe on a  Pantera,
without any other modifications, wouldn't achieve a darn thing,  because
the
engine would still be forced to breathe the air that's around  it, and that
air
is flowing from underneath, past the floor of the  apparatus, and then into
the engine.

Or so it seems to  me....

Detomaso  Forum Managed by POCA

Archive Search Engine Now Available at  http://www.realbig.com/detomaso/