[DeTomaso] Expensive DeTomaso Pantera Gr.3 Prototype on eBay

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jan 8 12:04:00 EST 2012

In a message dated 1/8/12 8 56 56, michaelsavga at gmail.com writes:

> See what happens when you ask a simple Question?
>  Lol.
>  Excellent response, i learned some new stuff myself,
>  So how did the cooler taillights come about in the process?
>
>>>I don't know--they just sort of seemed to appear somehow.   I don't know
if they were chosen for superior function, or just aesthetics?
Originally, the Gr4 cars had regular "Euro" taillights, with the lenses in the
traditional orientation but the turn signals colored amber.   Only later on were
the tri-bar lights we now refer to as "Group 4 taillights" fitted.   I don't
know exactly when that switch occurred, and whether it was accomplished by De
Tomaso, or by the individual owners of the cars?