[DeTomaso] Expensive DeTomaso Pantera Gr.3 Prototype on eBay

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jan 8 00:15:57 EST 2012

In a message dated 1/7/12 10 47 20, pantdino at aol.com writes:

> I'm thinking that with that racing history the car would be welcome at
> virtually any vintage racing event in the world, yet is streetable so you
> could do road events as well.
>  Considering, that's not a bad price.
>
>>>Well, the price is as high as it is, because of its provenance.   But
you don't really need provenance; an almost bone-stock US-spec Pantera L has
run at Le Mans Classic (badly) for the past two runnings.   So you could get
a Pantera on track for a fraction of the asking price of this car.   But
having said that, the provenance might make a difference if you were trying to
get into an extremely exclusive event.