[DeTomaso] Fuel Pump replacement

wkooiman at earthlink.net wkooiman at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 4 19:05:22 EST 2012

>> In the photo, it is in the worst possible location for
>> installing a fuel pump, as the lever is fully depressed.   If the cam was
>> rotated 180 degrees, the eccentric would be in the best possible position, and you
>> could easily just slot the pump into position.

And you might notice that the best possible position is also TDC.  I believe the best possible position is TDC with #1 not in the power stroke, so rotate it to TDC, check to see if the rotor is pointing to #1.  If it is, rotate it to the next TDC (180 out), and that's where you want the crank when you reinstall the fuel pump.