[DeTomaso] Brake Master Cylinder

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jan 4 11:21:34 EST 2012

In a message dated 1/4/12 6 57 37, rickrows at hotmail.com writes:

> Several years ago there was no rebuild kit for the stock brake master
> cylinder.  Is that still the case?
>
>>>There has never been a rebuild kit for the BRAKE master cylinder, true.
 For awhile you could get a rebuild kit for the clutch master (it used the
seals from a Fiat 850 wheel cylinder kit).

> Hall Pantera stocked the OEM replacements at one time, but I believe
they're out of business.

www.hallpantera.com

>Who sells them now?
>
> Or maybe it's time to consider some of the aftermarket solutions.
>
>>>Perhaps.   I know some 'original' master cylinders are available, from
PI Motorsports, Wilkinson and others.   Other vendors sell aftermarket
solutions.   The original-style masters are more expensive, and simpler to
install.   Take your pick! :>)