[DeTomaso] Pantera that sold in Frisco, Texas

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 22:17:58 EST 2012

I spoke to the guy who sold the car on Ebay. He's owned it since 1989 but
never really got it going so it sat for most of that time. He purchased
it from a guy name Tulius(?) here in Dalllas.

It's going to Ontario, Canada to someone named Joe (that's all he felt
comfortable telling me) who seems to be knowledgable about the cars.

To the best of my knowledge, no here knew about the car. I wonder how many
of these there are out there?

Jeff
6559

Jeff (and listers),
As to how many are out there?  I hear about them all the time!

The buyer has already been set up with the registry, and he is excited about his new car.

I probably connected with the seller long ago. The information on the car was in my
personal collection, which later became the registry.  Initially it was listed as a USA
model but it is clearly a European spec car.

This event (the quick sale) is an example of a knowledgeable and ready buyer, and a
motivated seller, who probably priced the car a little low.  I've been writing an article
for sellers on how to (better) market a DeTomaso, which I really need to finish, but ...
for my lack of free time.

It is still in draft form, even recently updated.  It is nowhere near finished, because it
led to me continue an article on how to photograph a DeTomaso (either for the registry or
for a For Sale advert.) which led to yet another article, and then one for buyers which
led to another...ad infinitum

People like Mike Drew can probably relate!

Anyway if people want to skim 2 drafts, and send suggestions directly to me, feel free.
This might help me make some progress.

http://www.provamo.com/Members/DeTomaso4Sale/ToMarketaDeTomaso.asp

and

http://www.provamo.com/Members/DeTomaso4Sale/ToPhotographaDeTomaso.asp

Part of the delay I have is using photos submitted to the registry, which actually make
great examples of what NOT to do... grin.  So right now when I come across a good example,
I'll be adding it to the page... I'll fill in the text later when I find my missing draft
text pages from when I started this topic back in 1997...

Anyway, I'd guess both buyer and seller are happy, which is a good thing.
The buyer is familiar with the Forum so maybe we'll hear from him at some point.

Best Regards,

Chuck