[DeTomaso] modular engine questions

Corey Price coreyjprice at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 21:52:30 EST 2012

I was involved in a thread on the PIBB about this.  There are a number of hurdles.  The Coyote uses the same bellhousing and motor mounts as the 4.6.  This was done to keep the new Mustangs from needing extensive changes as I understand it.  You can get the bellhousing and motor mounts from Wilkinson.

Yes it is smaller than a 4.6 DOHC by 2" in width and also shorter.  The engine is lighter as well.  The new 2012 Ford Racing catalog has dimensions.  I have heard of Ford Racing ECU issues with an idle and part throttle stumble, rumored to be caused by lack of speed sensor input in the Ford Racing Controls Pack.

I don't know of anyone who has done the Coyote, and I was going to try it myself. Steve Wilkinson was excited to help, but hadn't done it himself last time I talked to him about it.

Contact me for more info.

Corey