[DeTomaso] modular engine questions

Cullen McCann cmccann1972 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 17:05:36 EST 2012

Calling Corey Price...  ;)   I recall you have done some research on this
modular fitment issue. I follow your blog quite a bit because of the metal
work done on your car, it's very informative. ( thanks) and remember you
discussion on the PI forum about mod motors and coyotes.

My ZF fits my Lincoln MK8- based Teksid 4.6 DOHC just fine, granted Ive just
mocked it up for a test fit ...but Steve's doesn't fit in  others don't seem
to fit. Thoughts?

Cullen/ OKC
3925

All,

The 4.6 and the new 5.0 do NOT have the same bolt pattern as a SBF!   Not
sure
how this keeps getting propagated.....

I have a 5 speed from a 4.6 sitting in my back yard, and I specifically
compared the block mounting pattern to that of my SBF and very little if
anything lines up!

You would need to run whatever adapter situation people are running
currently to have 4.6 or 5.4L power!

Steve