[DeTomaso] Who's good at copying and fabricating Carbon Panels?

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 29 12:05:56 EST 2012

Bjoern,

One question that continually comes up on Carbon parts to which Charlie referenced is do you want an aesthetic hand laid CF part that looks good at expense of weight or a true CF light weight part that is vacuum formed and autoclaved?

Although you don't say what specific part you require, most of the decklids currrently on the US market are hand laid mixture of fiberglass with a CF skin for aesthetics.

The size and complexity of the part in questiuon is going to dictate who can or cannot fabricate it and cost for what I am guessing will be a one or two off at most. Depending on your goals you might want to find a competent race shop, but typically racers do not worry about looks so much, just the weight.

Here's a couple options.

RC Fabrication in AZ http://www.rcfabrication.net/default.aspx
Crawford & Crawford in NC http://www.crawfordcomposites.com/

Julian